...Freedom from the control of others... This world is so enslaved to sin, humanly speaking we have no INDEPENDENCE to sin. There is NO way that you can be "good enough" to go to heaven; there is NO way that you can do enough "good" things to go to heaven,
Jesus rose from the dead victorious and now sits at the right hand of the Father and some day soon He is coming back to gather to Himself His own, there is no second chance, no "I was going to believe tomorrow..." The time is now, become INDEPENDENT to sin and DEPENDENT upon God.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
4. You aren't and can't be perfect, you are FORGIVEN, trust me, you will sin, but Jesus has washed that sin away with His blood that HE shed on the cross, God will correct you and lead you in His ways.
"There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus..." (Romans 8:1)
5. you are a new creation, the old has passed away behold the new has come!
"Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17). God will work in you and change you and grow you closer to Him and make you more like Him.
6. you have God's promise of eternal life in Heaven with Him. You must also KEEP living for Him, not just when it is easy. was it easy for Jesus to hang on the cross?
7. Pray and read your Bible daily, go to Church to be with and be encouraged by other believers.
8. The Bible says to be baptized (which is immersion in water) Repent and be baptized, every one of you..." (Acts 2:38)
9. Walk in God's ways, when you read in the Bible "do good to those who hurt you," that means... DO GOOD TO THOSE WHO HURT YOU. it is not easy but through Christ you can do ALL things. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me; I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
10. Share your faith with others! Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown before my Father in heaven" (Matthew 10:32-33).
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” MATTHEW 28:19-20